Ok so I have been really busy lately, not only with my boys swimming lessons every day, but also with ripping down wallpaper (my least favorite thing in the world!! I curse wallpaper) and patching up the drywall, that I have been dead to the blogging world! After getting back on, I realized there has been more traffic on my blog than usual, and I'm super excited that I have friends stopping by and enjoying my stained table as much as I have. I still find myself just staring at it, thats how much I love it!! Some of my new friends have nominated me for some awards, so I wanted to take some time and say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'm so happy to learn that there are people out there who actually enjoy reading about my projects! I'm so happy to know that I got the Newbie Spotlight of the week!! Awesome, thank you!
Maria Elena at Our Home Away From Home nominated me for the Versatile blogger award....
How nice! Im so excited!
Go check out her blog, she has some awesome photos of Spain!!
Mary at Sure As Eggs was nice enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Award, and Cari at An Intentional Life nominated me for The Kreativ Blogger Award, I am so grateful to them for the nominations! You should hop on over and check out their lovely blogs!!!
So here is how the nomination works, first give props the the blogger that nominated you and make sure to link back to that blog so others can enjoy their blog too, second answer the following questions about yourself, and third nominate 10 of your favorite bloggers, and link back to their blog! Make sure to let them know that you have nominated them!
1. FAVORITE COLOR: RED but I don't really use it much in my home, mostly in my clothing!
2. FAVORITE ANIMAL: HORSE hands down, I love riding horses!
3. FAVORITE NUMBER: 9 I don't know why
4. FAVORITE DRINK: DIET DEW but I'm not drinking it anymore :(
5. FACEBOOK OR TWITTER? FACEBOOK
6. GOOD BOOK OR MOVIE? MOVIE because it is shorter and I don't have the time for a book
7. MY PASSION? MY BOYS anything to do with my 3 little guys, after that is fixing up furniture!
8. GIVING OR GETTING? GIVING for sure
9. FAVORITE DAY? SUNDAY I get to go to church, see friends, and I get to go home and be with family all day!
10. FAVORITE FLOWER? Gardenia
Ok so now for my 10 favorite blogs!
1. Decorganize Crafts - Love her
2. Re-Made Just Right -She is amazing!
3. Curb Alert- She is super creative
4. Silver Pennies - She really inspires me
5. Start at Home- Love her tables!
6. Visual Eye Candy - Also very inspiring
7. Mama With a Dash of Drama - I always get excited to read her posts
8. Liz Marie Blog- Love her style
9. Random Thoughts from and Incoherent Mind- Always entertains me
10. Sweet Luvin' In the Kitchen- Yummy is all I can say
Check out these blogs that I enjoy!
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Ok so I have another table done. Some of you might remember that I painted this table, but I was never really happy with it for a number of reasons, it wasn't the look I was going for, and there were problems with the structure of the table that drove me nuts. So when my neighbor offered me this table for free before she hauled it to the dump, (I forgot to take a picture of the before so I found this on the internet, the only difference is the legs aren't an exact match, but other than that, this is exactly what the table looked like, I even have those chairs sitting in my garage)
I snatched it up before she finished the question. I sanded the table down, used wood conditioner on it before I stained it, stained it with Minwax Dark Walnut then put 3 coats (sanding between each) of poly (thinned out with mineral spirits so I wouldn't have those nasty brush strokes or bubbles). I then painted the skirt and legs with Heirloom White paint and glazed it all so the wood match the chairs I upholstered a while back.
I love this new table but can't decide on the table runner or centerpiece. But the beauty of that is I can change it as much as I would like!! Slowly but surely my house is coming together.
I am still trying to convince my husband that painting the cabinets would be awesome. Actually when I close my eyes and picture my kitchen, I picture white cabinets with Dark Walnut stained butcher block counter tops. My problem is right now, this nook that I love and worked so hard for does not fit in my kitchen. The kitchen and nook seem like two different spaces... First you have this...
They don't work with one another. Wouldn't white cabinets and butcher block countertops just bring it all together???? I am really really really working hard on him. He just has this huge fear of painting cabinets.